The Pontificator in Person

The Pontificator in Person
I Blink Therefore I Am

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Another Point



I have recently taken to the habit of reminding myself why it was so important to rack up so much debt to get me through school. I realize there are SO many answers to that question but sometimes, as I think most of us do, I have to have them brought around and placed right in front of me. This will be a short post, but I wanted to throw out two tidbits that together have helped to place things into perspective. The first is of course that the prophets and apostles have for years counseled that education is one of the few things acceptable for large debt. This underscores the importance of education. The second is less main stream. It is a quote from Galileo Galilei - "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." So to anyone reading this who is maybe discouraged at the length of their schooling that is left, or is nail biting over the debt piling up - remember for whom and to what end you began.



No comments: