The Pontificator in Person

The Pontificator in Person
I Blink Therefore I Am

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hunker Down

Well we are not in the closet with mattresses over our heads, but we did decide not to venture out to church today. Thunderstorms and 60 mile/hr winds are pretty convincing. We were woken up the other night by thunder, and the first thing my wife said was "We are probably going to have all the kids in here tonight." I was very proud of them though, we did not get invaded. (Our oldest did come in towards the morning, but I am glad they feel they can come to us when they are scared.)



I remember staying in my bed and "screaming" for my mom because I was just as afraid to go in their room as I was of the nightmare I had. It's funny - I complain and complain about them not sleeping in their beds as they grow up, but it does make me feel good when they need us enough to come sneaking in at night. I say sneaking because we have used this as a running joke because half the time we don't hear or feel them get into bed. We wake up and "Bing" there they are. We call them our "Ninja Babies".

No comments: