The Pontificator in Person

The Pontificator in Person
I Blink Therefore I Am

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Speedy Delivery!

I am waiting for the next training class for a call-center job that I have interviewed for (and I THINK I have the job), but my "second" job actually started first. I am now a sharp dressed friendly neighborhood Domino's Pizza delivery driver!




The funny thing is that I was sorta nervous about applying for this job. I guess I had the image that most pizza delivery people were guys still living with their mom in the basement hosting D&D games late Saturday night. (Sorry Amelia, Ginney just reminded me that you delivered pizza's too. ;) ) So anyway, I had a little stereotyping to get over, but after training I think I am really gonna like this job. I get to spend a lot of it in the car (with music blaring!) and a fair percentage of customers tip well, so I should be able to make enough to justify this as a second job. I just hope that I have ANY energy left for Ginney and the kids in the near future.

1 comment:

bedelia said...

I just commented on Gin's about this. I loved delivering. It was so easy and freedom-filled. And really the tips were great.