The Pontificator in Person

The Pontificator in Person
I Blink Therefore I Am

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Starting my career at last...sorta

Well I never though it would happen this fast after graduation, but I am being hired as the new Full-time Art teacher at one of the local high schools. We are all very excited even though I will not start full-time until the Fall. I have been the long-term sub in this class since January and have been enjoying it very much. I can't wait to see what kinds of lesson plans I can develop for next year, and of course I can't wait for the certification people to get their hands out of my wallet so I can finally receive a respectable paycheck. I know some of you out there just went "A Teacher getting a respectable amount of pay??", but yes I have had some low paying jobs through college and this is the second highest paying school district in the area. But alas money is not everything; although, it does help to have some when you are trying to feed 5 1/2 little mouths and find a bigger house (my belly is starting to not fit through the front door here, so we have to upgrade :D ).

No comments: